Sponsored by Paramount Multisport & New York Adventure Race Association (NYARA)
Back in 2016 we built a new multisport challenge for athletes of all levels, from the weekender to the elite. Leave the bike gear at home, this race is a duathlon that consists of multiple swim and run sections with seamless transitions between them.
You will be running through the some challenging trails as well as hardpacked trails of the Dickerson Mine Preserve and swimming in the glassy lakes of Randolph and Mine Hill.
Amp up your swim endurance,
rip those hills...and do it all right here in NJ.
Randolph, NJ is less than 50 miles from Manhattan, Princeton or Bucks County, PA, ... so come check out the the scenic beauty of the lakes and the challenging trails and support a local event. It will certainly make for an epic adventure - even without a bike!
This race is a qualifier for the U.S. National SwimRun Championships. Winners of the Team Long Course event qualify for free entry into the SwimRun event held in Richmond, Virginia on October 19, 2018 !!!!!
Register for the 2019 Garden State SwimRun on Saturday, 8/17/2019: Register Here
Note: Fees increase after Memorial Day Weekend!
Short Course: 6.5 Miles Long Course: 13 Miles
4 Swim Legs - .07 Miles 8 Swim Legs - 1.4 Miles
Mandatory Gear Supplied by Racers:
· Clothing suitable for swimming and running
· Running shoes (trail running shoes highly recommended)
· 1 Whistle per racer
· Elastic tether between teammates for swim legs. 30’ max length. Toggle carabiner or other quick release device must be at each end.
· Failure to possess or use as required is grounds for disqualification.
Mandatory Gear Supplied by Race Organizers:
· Timing chip to be worn at all times (1 per racer)
· Swim cap to be worn during swimming legs
· Course Map – map provided by race.
· Swim hand paddles/gloves
· Compression calf tubes
· Swim pull buoy affixed to thigh or back
· Swim Buoy or similar
· Nutrition extras
· Aid stations will be at two one location on course and one at the finish line.
· Medical personnel are stationed at multiple points on the course. Safety paddle boats will be monitoring the swim legs
· Team members must remain together at all times throughout the event and cannot be more than 10 yards apart.
· The race organization reserves the right to cancel the event, alter, shorten, hold-in-place or otherwise change the course at any time as a consequence of weather or other unexpected course conditions that may jeopardize the safety of athletes.
· A Course Cutoff will be established on the Long Course that must be reached by a certain time in order to continue racing. Organizers reserve the right to modify these times during the race as conditions require.
· A team that has withdrawn from the race shall report to the finish line as soon as possible.
What Is SwimRun?
What equipment do I need?
Remember, whatever equipment you decide to use for the swim segments you must also carry on you during each run segment (including swim cap, goggles, any leg and hand flotation item)
How do people in other SwimRun events carry their gear for one discipline while doing the other one?
There are all sorts of creative solutions.
Is it a team event?
Are there transition areas?
How do I keep my shoes dry?
Do I need to carry my food/water?
What kind of surface will the run segments take place on?
What kind of water will we be swimming in?
Will there be a mass start or wave start?
Do I need to follow a map?
Do I need to be an elite athlete?
So no bikes?
Will anyone be taking pictures on race day?
Will there be water or nutrition on the race course?
How do I volunteer?
What do I need for Registration/Packet Pick Up?
There will be "day of" registration. At registration, non-USAT members must complete a 1-day license form in order to compete.
Will I receive a confirmation packet?
How many participants will there be?
Are there any benefits to registering early?
May I register my friend online with my credit card?
How challenging is the race course?
Register for the Garden State SwimRunRegister Here